What documents does Covered CA accept as proof of expected MAGI Income – Line 37 + ?* income?
Below is list copied from their website on 11.26.2014
Most of the time Covered CA and Medi-Cal don’t need your proof, they get it from Big Brother and the Federal Hub. They need your consent though. Check out this problem for January 2017 where Covered CA didn’t get consent. View Covered CA warning letter.
Want FREE expert help from an agent with 30+ years experience, extensive background and education?
Appoint us as your agent – no charge to you, Covered CA pays us.
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return along with federal schedule E that accurately reflects current income
- Receipts displaying gross profit and expenses
- Business records such as profit and loss statements
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return along with federal schedule C. D, E, or F as appropriate that accurately reflects current income
- Other documents to support Self Employment Income
- Court papers
- District Attorney/Family Support (DAFS ) records
- Copy of check
- Copy of pay stub
- Copy of pay stub showing garnishment specified for alimony
- Sworn affidavit from absent parent
- Award letter or most recent cost-of-living increase notice
- Current bank statement
- Copy of the current benefit check
- Signed statement from the individual or organization providing the income
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return that accurately reflects current income
- Gift income letter — Covered CA is the worst blight I’ve seen in the Insurance Industry in my entire career! Just because they say something and I copy it, does NOT make it right! Please check the entire website, our new page on gifts, tax and law professionals for what really is MAGI Income Line 37 of your tax return!
- Pay stub
- Signed letter from employer that displays the gross income, payment frequency, and date of paycheck
- If it’s verified by a professional as indicated on Wikipedia then it should be acceptable Therefore, the affidavit must be notarized. The verification team is located in the Main Service Center, to get a more definite answer, please reach out to them directly at 800/300-1506.
- Other documents to support Proof of Earned Income
- Bank statement
- Investment account statement
- Payment records (notes and mortgages)
- Other documents to support Proof of Interest Income
- Records such as gross rents and expense receipts
Other Pages in the Income Section & FAQ Section
Click here to see more comments & FAQ’s