Steve Shorr - Covered CA Certified Agent -
Appoint Us - Instructions
No Charge for Complementary Year Around Service -
Same price as Covered CA or Direct with Insurance Company
instant proposal including APTC Subsidy Calculation
Set a phone, Skype or Face to Face meeting to review the proposal
Video on how great agents are
2020 Individual Plans, Rates & Information
Less than 1% premium increase
Covered CA – Renewal Tool Kit
Get quotes here after 11.1.2019
Appoint us as your agent, no extra charge
Covered California unveiled its preliminary rates for the upcoming 2020 coverage year, revealing how consumers will benefit from new state initiatives, and announced that a major carrier – Anthem Blue Cross will be expanding into new areas and providing consumers with more choice. July 9 Press Release * July 19 Press Release *
Quick Information on the 2020 Preliminary Rates
- The average rate change for the 2020 individual market will be 0.8 percent. CA Healthline 7.9.2019 * Sacramento Bee * Sac Bee 7.19.2019 * CA Health Line 8.13.2019 *
- The rate change was driven lower due to two new state initiatives designed to improve affordability and encourage enrollment.
- An estimated 922,000 consumers will be eligible to receive financial help subsidies from the state which will lower the cost of their coverage. This includes, for the first time, many middle-income Californians who were previously ineligible for assistance because they exceeded federal income requirements cap from 400 to 600% of Federal Poverty Level as well as low-income Californians will also get additional help on top of the federal tax credits that they already receive.
- Restoring the individual mandate was a key factor in driving premiums lower by between 2 and 5 percent per carrier with an average of 3.2 percent.
- All 11 of Covered California’s health plans will be returning for 2020, and a major national plan – Anthem Blue Cross – will be re-entering several parts of the state. Blue Shield will expand also. As a result, 87 percent of Californians will be able to choose from three carriers or more and 99.6 percent of consumers will have two or more choices. LA Times 8.9.2019 *
- Beginning in October, Covered California consumers will be able to visit our calculator and enter their personal information to learn about their gross premium, federal and state subsidies and estimated price for 2020. Until that time, the rate information announced today only reflects the statewide average.
Here’s Covered California’s regional pricing data for 2020 .
Links & Resources
Renewal Procedures for 2020
The renewal period for members begins on Oct. 8, 2019. Which is interesting as Open Enrollment isn’t till 10.15.2019 and may change if AB 1309 gets passed.
To renew your health insurance for 2020, simply log in to your CoveredCA.com account or email us [email protected] for assistance. Then click on the RENEWAL button to complete the renewal process. You may also use the Shop and Compare Tool to see your health plan options and rates.
It is important to look at your health plan during this renewal period because for the first time ever, almost a million people could receive additional financial help from the State of California to lower the monthly cost of health insurance. This means you may now qualify for financial help even if you didn’t in the past. Or you may receive even more help than you did before! The amount of financial help you may get depends on your income, where you live and your family size.
When you renew your health insurance plan, you will be able to:
- Review and update your Contact Information and Application.
- Compare different plans to get the best coverage for your needs and budget. All plans, bronze to platinum, offer the same level of high-quality health care. The only difference is you choose the best payment option for you!
- Find out if your costs have changed, or if you could receive financial help this year from the State of California to lower your monthly premium. If you previously have not applied for financial help, you will be asked if you would like see if you qualify for help. If you select “YES” then “Save & Continue,” you will be guided through sections of your application to provide more information.
- Make sure the doctors or hospitals you want are included in the plans you are comparing by using our Shop & Compare Tool, while shopping within your application or by contacting us – [email protected]
For questions or additional help renewing your health plan check our website. While we try to be humble, we are the experts.
IMPORTANT: If you take no action to actively renew or change plans, you will automatically be enrolled, 30 days after the date on the renewal notice you received in the mail, into the same plan you had the previous year and using the most recent household size and income information you gave us. Covered CA.com * Insure Me Kevin.com