2020 Individual Plans, Rates & Information
Less than 1% premium increase
Steve Shorr - Covered CA Certified Agent -
Appoint Us - Instructions
No Charge for Complementary Year Around Service -
Same price as Covered CA or Direct with Insurance Company
Video on how great agents are
Covered California unveiled its preliminary rates for the upcoming 2020 coverage year, revealing how consumers will benefit from new state initiatives, and announced that a major carrier – Anthem Blue Cross will be expanding into new areas and providing consumers with more choice. July 9 Press Release * July 19 Press Release *
Quick Information on the 2020 Preliminary Rates
- The average rate change for the 2020 individual market will be 0.8 percent. CA Healthline 7.9.2019 * Sacramento Bee * Sac Bee 7.19.2019 * CA Health Line 8.13.2019 *
- The rate change was driven lower due to two new state initiatives designed to improve affordability and encourage enrollment.
- An estimated 922,000 consumers will be eligible to receive financial help subsidies from the state which will lower the cost of their coverage. This includes, for the first time, many middle-income Californians who were previously ineligible for assistance because they exceeded federal income requirements cap from 400 to 600% of Federal Poverty Level as well as low-income Californians will also get additional help on top of the federal tax credits that they already receive.
- Restoring the individual mandate was a key factor in driving premiums lower by between 2 and 5 percent per carrier with an average of 3.2 percent.
- All 11 of Covered California’s health plans will be returning for 2020, and a major national plan – Anthem Blue Cross – will be re-entering several parts of the state. Blue Shield will expand also. As a result, 87 percent of Californians will be able to choose from three carriers or more and 99.6 percent of consumers will have two or more choices. LA Times 8.9.2019 *
- Beginning in October, Covered California consumers will be able to visit our calculator and enter their personal information to learn about their gross premium, federal and state subsidies and estimated price for 2020. Until that time, the rate information announced today only reflects the statewide average.
Here’s Covered California’s regional pricing data for 2020 .
Links & Resources